How A Feral Monk Thinks


How A Feral Monk Thinks

 

by Gianni Grassi a.k.a., Yesei Kaige (Wild Spirit-Precept Flower)

 

 

The feral monk does not abide

Takes rest in no masters refuge

 

Schools of thought collect like frost around ideas

that occur largely out of schools

 

Institutions bestow credentials

Courage bestows credibility

 

The street and the unbeaten path

are my monasteries

 

I have been feral all my life.

Embraced transformations. Shattered cocoons. Emerged.

Lately have lived by my wits with no greater need for nostalgia

t han that which sustains my gratitude

 

Faith is the willingness to show up vulnerable.

Trust is actually showing up that way

 

GOD is a three letter word

that stands for everything that I do not

know at this moment.

 

Seekers never find. Finders never seek.

I prefer finding


I aspire to see everything old as if for the first time ...

... everything new as if for the last

 

I would rather feel the Buddha’s blisters on my feet,

than his footprints on my sandals

 

Who listens gives teaching …

… Who speaks gives listening.

 

I would like it to be said of my presence ...

He lived happy, joyous, and free

on less than his share.

 

 


The Historical Transformations of Buddhasapience 



Gianni Grassi a.k.a., Yesei Kaige (Wild Spirit-Precept Flower)

Outlined the evolving WHO-WHERE-WHEN-WHY-WHAT-HOW of humankind's rise,

That he calls "The Historical Transformations of Buddhasapience"

 

Buddha 1.0 ... Identity ... WHO

200 to 50 thousand years ago ... Warm Climate ... Gathering ... Ritual Burial

 

Buddha 2.0 ... Locality ... WHERE

50 TO 10 thousand years ago ... Glaciation ... Hunting ... Shamanistics

 

Buddha 3.0 ... Periodicity ... WHEN

10 to 3 thousand years ago ... Glacial Thaw ... Cultivation ... Astrologics

 

Buddha 4.0 ... Universality ... WHY

3,000 to 600 years ago ... Hyper-Population ... Trade ... Metaphysics

 

Buddha 5.0 ... Objectivity ... WHAT

600 to 60 years ago ... Isolation ... Institution ... Science

 

Buddha 6.0 ... Emergence ... HOW

60 years ago to present ... Emergence ... Networking ... Synergistics